For many people, losing just one paycheck can be difficult, but when accident or illness keeps you from working for an extended period of time, difficulty can turn into disaster. Without short term supplemental disability insurance, families can be forced to cut back on even the basics, like food, clothing, transportation and housing.
Combined Insurance’s Income Protector Policies and forms are clearly written and easy to understand. Our disability income insurance helps you replace some of the income lost due to a disabling accident or illness and we help you make the best choice for the right plan for you and your family.
Ways to Protect You
Five ways our supplemental disability income protection plan will work for you and your family.
- HELPS REPLACE VITAL INCOME: This supplemental disability insurance plan helps you and your family maintain your standard of living.
- PARTIAL DISABILITY BENEFIT *: Our supplemental disability insurance pays 50% of your usual benefits for a period of time following Total Disability.
- WAIVER OF PREMIUM: With this type of disability insurance plan, you can stop paying your premium when you’re disabled.*
- GUARANTEED COVERAGE: You are covered until age 65, or age 70 with company approval. Your premium cannot change unless premiums are adjusted for everyone in your class.
- “OWN OCCUPATION” DEFINITION OF TOTAL DISABILITY: Many companies adhere to the “any occupation” of disability. Ours offers you an advantage over those types of supplemental disability insurance.
*See your policy for complete details
Combined Insurance’s Income Protector offerings are disability insurance that pays benefits directly to you when you are totally disabled and cannot work, for up to two years. You can protect yourself and your family with a steady monthly income during a covered disability.
Disability income insurance is paid directly to you for covered disability for up to two years* when you are totally disabled and can’t work due to accident or sickness. You are protected, on or off the job, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
You are considered totally disabled when you are under the regular care of a physician and are unable to perform the substantial and material duties of your own occupation.
Availability from a particular company varies by product and state. Subject to availability and qualifications. Life, accident & sickness and disability insurance policies issued by Combined Insurance Company of America in all states, except New York. In New York, life, accident & sickness and disability insurance policies issued by Combined Life Insurance Company of New York. Combined Insurance Company of America is not licensed and does not solicit business in New York.
*No benefits are paid during the Elimination Period, a predetermined period of time chosen by you.
This policy is not comprehensive health insurance coverage (otherwise referred to as “Major Medical Coverage”) and does not satisfy the requirement of minimum essential coverage under the Affordable Care Act.
(1) National Safety Council, Injury Facts, 2014
(2) Council for Disability Awareness, Disability Statistics, July 2013