MyFreeTaxes is a free, safe and easy way for anyone earning $64,000 or less to file state and federal taxes. It is sponsored by United Way, with support from H&R Block, making My Free Taxes the only free tax filing product offered by a non-profit.
- Taxpayers can save an average of $200 in fees by using My Free Taxes in place of a tax expert.
- MyFreeTaxes.com is optimized for mobile devices—filers can enter data into their secure account any time, anywhere.
- In 2016, 80 percent of filers completed their taxes in under 1 hour using MyFree-Taxes.
- MyFreeTaxes offers tax support that includes free telephone, email and online chat support from IRS-certified specialists.
- MyFreeTaxes tax filing software is provided by H&R Block, which uses the highest industry standards to safeguard taxpayer information.
- Federal and State filing – absolutely free – as well as many ‘beyond the basic’ forms that other ‘free’ sites charge for.
- Tax Returns can be completed until the April 18 deadline
The Cooperative Ministry and United Way can help you find the best fit for filing your taxes and accessing the credits you deserve. If self-preparation isn’t an option consumers can also file for free in person at Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) sites. To Find a VITA site near you, visit www.coopmin.org or call United Way 2-1-1.