Harbison Theatre at Midlands Technical College will host an afternoon of friends, family, and music October 22, at 3:30 pm, when the South Carolina Philharmonic performs a concert devoted to the best of London and beyond, British Invasion.
British Invasion is a compilation of Britain’s most influential songs of the 20th century, and it includes songs from classic television series, Hollywood films, and some of the most significant rock bands of the era.
Conductor Morihiko Nakahara will lead the orchestra in arrangements:
- Stephen Bulla’s “007 – Through the Years” – An Arrangement of James Bond themes
- John Lunn/Larry Moore – Main Theme from Downton Abbey
- Ron Grainer/Murray Gold – Main Theme from Doctor Who
- Murray Gold – I am the Doctor from “Doctor Who”
- Peter Townshend/Bob Phillips – Quadrophenia from “Classic Quadrophenia” (The Who)
- Percy Grainger – Irish Tune from “County Derry”
- Percy Grainger – Molly on the Shore
- Peter Townshend/Bob Phillips – Pinball Wizard (The Who)
- Deep Purple/Yosuke – Burn
- Bruce Healey’s “Love is All You Need (Tribute to The Beatles)” – Including All My Loving, All You Need is Love, Blackbird, Can’t Buy Me Love, Come Together, Day Tripper, Here Comes the Sun, If I Fell, Lady Madonna, Let It Be, Ob-La-Di Ob-La-Da, Something, and Yesterday.
“Many of these songs portray a world we’d love to escape to, a hero or heroine we can relate with, or a revolution that we want to be a part of,” says Kristin Cobb, Executive Director at Harbison Theatre. “We are excited to kick off our sixth season with the Philharmonic on stage at Harbison Theatre, and to showcase these songs that resonate across generations.”
British Invasion is the first installment of three S.C. Philharmonic concerts in Harbison Theatre’s Pops Series. The other shows in the Pops Series are the already sold-out Holiday Pops on December 10, and the nearly sold-out Wizards, Witches, and Fantastic Beasts on April 8, 2018. Tickets are available by calling the box office at 803-407-5011 or at HarbisonTheatre.org.